The best Absinthe buy on the market, in my opinion, is the Absinthe Classics Essence Kit from the online shop of AbsintheKit.com. This top-quality Absinthe making kit includes 280ml of Absinthe Classic Essence, a measure and 14 bottle labels. The essence is enough to make 14 bottles of original Absinthe and contains real wormwood, the vital ingredient of real traditional Absinthe. This essence will make an Absinthe with a thujone content of 35mg per 750ml of Absinthe alcohol.
How Do AbsintheKit Essences Work?
To make the Green Fairy with the number one selling Absinthe 35 Classics Essence from AbsintheKit you need to follow this recipe:-
– Mix 20ml of the Absinthe 35 essence with 730ml of neutral alcohol such as vodka or Everclear.
– Add 50-75g of sugar if you want a smoother Absinthe.
– Bottle your Absinthe and enjoy your real wormwood Absinthe liquor.
AbsintheKit also do many other essences:-
– Absinthe White Essence – Use this to make your very own La Bleue Swiss style Absinthe which is clear.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This contains orange oil for that lovely orange taste in your Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – This will make an Absinthe with a strong taste and a dark green color. It will taste more bitter than the other essences because it contains more wormwood, the herb which gives Absinthe its characteristic bitterness. The thujone content per bottle will be 55mg – a very strong Absinthe.
AbsintheKit only sell essences containing real, genuine wormwood, artemisia absinthium. There are many fake and artificial Absinthes for sale online targeted at the USA (United States) market. Thujon is strictly regulated in the US and bottled Absinthe can only contain trace amounts of thujone. Thujone is the chemical found in wormwood and Absinthe just isn’t Absinthe without wormwood!
The essences also contain the other important Absinthe herbs like aniseed and are made by carbon dioxide distillation, a high tech method better than some methods distilleries use.
All these essences are available to order online from AbsintheKit.com and will come with full recipes or instructions. Other Absinthe products, or Absinthiana, can be purchased online at AbsintheKit.com – replica Absinthe spoons and glasses. A replica spoon makes a great Absinthe buy!
Absinthe is a magical mythical drink which was popular in the French Belle Epoque period and the favorite drink of many Bohemian artists and writers including Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Charles Baudelaire and Oscar Wilde. The famous French Absinthe was made by the Pernod Fils distillery until Absinthe was banned in 1915. Absinthe had a revival in the 1990s when it was legalized in most countries, and has become a popular drink again. Care must be taken when drinking the Green Fairy because it is highly alcoholic and approximately twice the strength of spirits such as whisky and vodka.
The Absinthe Ritual
The preparation of Absinthe is called the Ritual. Once you have made your own bottled Absinthe you then need to prepare your Absinthe drink. You will need:-
– An Absinthe glass.
– An Absinthe spoon.
– A cube of sugar.
– Some iced water.
Pour a shot of Absinthe (about 25-50ml) into your Absinthe glass.
Place a cube of sugar on your absinthe spoon and rest on top of your glass.
Pour iced water slowly over the sugar and watch the Absinthe louche. It is best if your pouring is more of a dripping action.
The best Absinthe buy is either a real bottled Absinthe containing real wormwood or an essence to make your own Absinthe.