You may have heard of the mythical, mysterious Green Fairy, the drink known as Absinthe, and now you want to know where you can get hold of this liquor – how to order Absinthe. You may be fortunate enough to be able to find a good quality Absinthe at your local liquor shop or your liquor shop might order a bottle in for you. However, many shops, especially in the United States, are stocked with fake or substitute Absinthe and not genuine wormwood Absinthe. You may be best to order Absinthe online.
How to Order Absinthe online
Before you order Absinthe you need to know how to choose a genuine, quality Absinthe. Here are some buying tips:-
– Educate yourself about Absinthe. There are many websites, such as lafeeverte.net, with articles about Absinthe, details about different brands and reviews of different brands.
– Look at alcohol by volume levels of Absinthes. Absinthe has an abv of between 50% and 75% usually. It is a very strong alcoholic beverage. Proof is approximately twice abv.
– Check that the Absinthe has a thujone level. Some websites list the thujone levels of Absinthes. If the Absinthe contains thujone that means that it is a genuine Absinthe which contains wormwood. Wormwood is a key ingredient in Absinthe, along with herbs such as aniseed and fennel, and it gives Absinthe its characteristic bitter edge.
– Make sure that the Absinthe also contains anise or aniseed. Some Czech Absinth does not contain anise and is more of a wormwood bitter.
– Buy known brands from reputable distillers. Look out for Absinthes which have won awards or that have good reviews. Known brands include Pernod (Absinthe not pastis), Kubler, Sebor, The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux, Doubs Mystique, Mari Mayans, La Clandestine – Bugnon, La Fee, Rodniks, Absinthe Roquette 1797 and Lucid.
– Shop around and compare prices. Remember to take into account shipping costs when comparing prices.
– Consider buying an Absinthe essence instead of bottled Absinthe. The essences from AbsintheKit.com are distilled from natural Absinthe herbs and you just simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka to make a real wormwood Absinthe. The essences only cost $3.95 for 20ml. AbsintheKit also sell absinthekits which contain enough essence to make 14 bottles of Absinthe, a plastic measure and 14 artistic bottle labels. The absinthe kits cost $29 and so are a very economical way to make real Absinthe.
How to order Absinthe Essences
Simply visit AbsintheKit.com to order Absinthe essences, Absinthe glasses and Absinthe slotted spoons. The company produces 4 different types of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics – This essence makes a classic “verte” or green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White – This essence makes a clear, La Bleue Swiss style Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange – To make an Absinthe with a twist, use this essence to make a yellow-orange colored Absinthe flavored with natural orange oil.
Absinthe Strong 55 – For those who like a stronger wormwood flavor, this essence will make an Absinthe containing 55mg of thujone per bottle. The resulting Absinthe will have a stronger, more bitter, wormwood taste.T he other essences will make Absinthes with 35mg of thujone.
All the essences are made from top-quality traditional Absinthe herbs and are distilled using high tech carbon dioxide distillation. Unlike steeping kits, these essences are already distilled and so will make a true Absinthe that will louche beautifully.
Enjoy learning about this wonderful drink and I hope that this information has helped you find out how to order Absinthe.